Greece is a mountainous country with approx 3000 islands and a coastline 13,676 km long (11th longest in the world). Albania, Bulgaria and the Republic of Macedonia share their borders with Greece to the north. Greece shares its border with Turkey to the east. Mediterranean Sea lies to the south of mainland Greece, the Aegean Sea to the east and the Lonian Sea to the west. Greece is located in southeast Europe and considered to be the cradle of Western Civilization.
- Athens: The capital and the biggest city of Greece, Athens is one of the oldest cities (approx 3400 years) in the world. It is famous as the birthplace of Democracy and the cradle of Western Civilization. Acropolis of Athens and Daphne Monastery are the two UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Athens. The first Olympic Games were held in Athens in 1896. It hosted the Summer Olympics in 2004 (108 years from the first Olympic Games).
The Acropolis Museum, Daphni Monastery, Acropolis, Erechtheion, the Temple of Hephaestus and Parthenon are arguably the top six out of 287 worth visiting places in and around Athens.
Athens is located near the southern tip of the mainland coast of Greece in the Periphery of Attica.
- Crete: The most populated and the largest island of Greece, Crete is located in the southern part of the Aegean Sea. Crete has a high mountain range formed by three different groups of mountains that cross from west to east. It is the fifth largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. Aquaworld Aquarium, Samaria Gorge National Park, Elafonissi and Balos Beach are arguably the top five out of 264 worth visiting places in and around Crete.
- Santorini: Approx 200 km southeast from the mainland of Greece, Santorini is an island that slopes downward to the Aegean Sea. Santorini is surrounded by steep cliffs nearly 1000 feet high on three sides. It is the site of one of the largest volcanic eruptions that occurred nearly 3600 years ago in the world. The Museum of Prehistoric Thera, Perissa Beach, Ancient Thera, Kamari Beach and Open Air Cinema Kamari are arguably the top five out of 121 worth visiting places in and around Satorini.
- Rhodes: The city of Rhodes is located in an island by the same name (Rhodes). The island is triangular in shape and located in the eastern Aegean Sea. Village of Lindos, Medieval City, Ancient Rhodes, Acropolis of Lindos and Tsambika Beach are arguably the top five out of 89 worth visiting places in and around Rhodes.
- Zakynthos: Zakynthos is an island in the Lonian Sea. It is also known as a paradise on earth. Splash Fun Water Park, Xygia Sulphur Beach, Navagio Beach, Marathonissi and Porto Liminionas Beach are the top 5 out of 69 worth visiting places in and around Zakynthos.
The best beaches of Greece:
Each of the several beaches of Greece has to offer something unique. Wonderful landscape, frame most of the beaches and it is quite impossible to select the top 5 beaches out of so many wonderful top quality beaches. Since Greece is one of the three countries that offer the best beaches of the world, a visitor is sure to find here a beach that would be his favourite for all time to come. Arguably the top five beaches selected for the top class amenities around the sandy beaches and their wonderful panoramic view.
- Super Paradise beach of Mykonos
- Gialiskari beach on Corfu
- Manganari beach on IOS
- Eli beach on Rhodes
- Akti Miaonli beach on Rhodes
Top 5 Nude Beaches:
Greece has many known nude beaches. There are many secluded beaches (some still not inhabited) that are ideal nude beaches at times. Considering the safety measures and overall amenities Paradise and Super Paradise (Mykonos), Red Beach (Crete), Banana Beach (Skiathos) and Kastellia (Karpathos) are arguably the top 5 nude beaches in Greece.
Greek cuisine: Greek cuisine has a lot to offer to every individual. With lots of variety, it caters to the need and taste of every individual.
Hotels, restaurants, bars, nightclubs are plentiful in Greece and cater to the need and budget of every individual.