Till date the two most popular and sought after operating system platforms for mobile devices ( both Smart phones and Tablets) are the Google Android and the Apple IOS. There has been an ongoing debate on which of the two is better. This is a humble attempt to throw some light for the users before choosing any one of the two. Though the Google Android is relatively new, it has taken the Lion share of the market, pushing Apple IOS down to have only 30% percent of the total market share. Unless one has the technical know how, it is very difficult for one to understand the basic differences between the two and their unique respective strengths and weaknesses. To simplify the intricacies of the technical aspects of the two, here are the few things one should consider before making a choice between the two.
1) Android ecosystem is too fragmented whereas IOS is eco-friendly.
2) Android is backed by the world of Java which includes the latest enterprise tools and legions of Java developers. So far as access to social networks, reading and participating in different online discussions and needs for corporate users are concerned, IOS has no alternative according to the experts.
3) Existing mobile platforms including Android can’t accommodate the technicalities that IOS can.
With the rising popularity of both Android and IOS, the security of these two is a major concern. Both Android and IOS have:
1) Data encryption facility.
2) Resistance to web-based attack.
3) Limited hardware access.
4) Traditional access control.
5) Permission based access control.
However if your phone is misplaced or lost, only the IOS devices have the facility to wipe sensitive data and again restore the data from the backups available on one’s desktop. Failed passcode attempts numbering ten, will result in automatic deletion of data from the device.